How To Make Your Own Plant-Based Protein Bars
So, you want to make your own protein bars? Well we ahve the perfect recipe for you! Keep reading for our vegan protein packed chocolate nut protein bars!😍
*for this recipe you will need a food processor or blender*
2 cups of rolled oats
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 cup of chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, or walnuts)
1 cup of pitted dates
1/2 cup of vegan protein powder
1/2 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup of almond butter
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 tsp of vanilla extract
A pinch of sea salt
How to make:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a food processor, blend the rolled oats until they are fine.
- Add the chopped nuts to the food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely chopped.
- Add the dates to the food processor and pulse until they are finely chopped.
- Add the protein powder, cocoa powder, almond butter, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and sea salt to the food processor and pulse until everything is well combined.
- Add the almond milk and pulse until everything is well combined.
- Grease a baking dish with some coconut oil and pour the mixture into the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow the bars to cool for 10 minutes before cutting them into bars.
How long can you store your homemade protein bars?
Plant-based protein bars will stay fresh for up to 1 week when stored in an airtight container in the fridge. If you want to store them for longer, you can freeze them for up to 3 months. To freeze, wrap each bar individually in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer-safe container.
Is Homemade Better Than Buying?
One of the biggest advantages of making your own plant-based protein bars is that you have complete control over the ingredients. When you buy pre-made bars, you may not know exactly what's in them or how they were made. By making your own, you can choose whole food ingredients that are minimally processed and free from additives and preservatives. This can be especially important for people with food sensitivities or allergies, who may need to avoid certain ingredients that are commonly found in store-bought bars.
Or… Choose A Plant-Based Protein Bar by YuBi
If you don’t have the time to make your own bars, you can always buy YuBi Bars plant-based protein bars. All of our bars are made with whole food non-GMO ingredients and are free from gluten and dairy; we are committed to sustainability, manufacture locally in the UK and use fully recyclable packaging.
Give YuBi Bars a try and see for yourself how delicious and nutritious plant-based protein bars can be! If you’re interested in supplying YuBi Bars or just want to find out more, contact us here.
Shop below! 👇🏼